"My dish of well seasoned food knowledge, tips & videos with a side of humor
Great Vegetarian Meals for the Beginner
For the record, I’m not a vegetarian, although I often eat like one.
For me, it’s not about health or animals or allergies or the many other reasons people choose to be vegetarians. Sometimes, meats just don’t make a dish better.
Sometimes, meat just gets in the way of enjoying other things.
Case in point is Eggplant Rollatini, that I’ve also featured in a how-to video.
Now, you can add meat to this recipe, but when you do, the magnificent flavors of basil, toasted pine nuts, and garlic as well as the sweet and delicate flavor of the eggplant slices get lost.
Adding meat to a recipe like Eggplant Rollatini doesn’t make it better; it only makes it different (and, in my opinion, worse).
Think of it this way: Children wouldn’t enjoy mac & cheese more than they already do if you added ham or bacon. It’s perfect just the way it is.
If you’ve decided to introduce more vegetarian meals into your meal plans this year, don’t fear that you’ll be restricted to bland foods, vegetables or weird tofu-esque meat substitutes.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
Here are some suggestions; the ones with asterisks are generally available at Nino’s:
- * Eggplant Rollatini with Salvaggio Marinara
- * 3 Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells with Marinara
- * Vegetarian Lasagna
- * Nino’s Homemade Mac & Cheese
- * Nino’s Homemade Quiche with Peppers & Cheese
- * Nino’s Take n’ Bake Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza
- * Nino’s Garden Veggie Soup
- * Nino’s Entrée Salads
- Baby Kale with Roasted Sweet Potato
- Pear & Bleu Cheese with Walnut Vinaigrette
- Nino’s Signature Strawberry Salad w/Poppy seed Dressing
Sauces & Stuff
- * All Salvaggio Pasta Sauces
- * Nino’s Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- * Nino’s Fresh Basil Pesto (Great with Pasta & Veggies)
- * Nino’s Salsas
- Peach & Mango
- Grilled Pineapple & Roasted Red Pepper
- Traditional Mexican Style (and of course, our chips)
- *Nino’s has a number of different vegetable and starch sides to choose from.
- 1Sweet Choices
- 2Great Vegetarian Meals for the Beginner
- 3Grapefruit: Breakfast & Beyond
- 4Crab Cooking Tips
- 5Amazing Roasting Tips
- 1What are Artisan Breads?
- 2Cook for 1 and Be Done!
- 3What's a Beignet?? Check this out!
- 4Iron Clad Holiday Entertaining Tips
- 5Simple Ways to Improve the Functionality of Your Home Kitchen