"I am sharing experiences and knowledge of wine, beer, and spirits"
Four for the 4th!
It’s Independence Day, and it’s time to light up the fireworks and dress up in your flashy red, white, and blue for this fantastic celebration.
Celebrating the 4th of July doesn’t always have to include alcohol. There are plenty of non-alcoholic options and some that you can share with the kids or designated driver.
If you want to be a Yankee Doodle Dandy at your 4th of July picnic or barbeque, check out these classy, festive, patriotic non-alcoholic drinks.
July 4th Layered Drink Recipe
1 cup red cranberry juice
1 cup white SoBe Pina Colada flavored drink
1 cup of a blue sports drink
1 cup Ice
1: Fill your glass 1/3 of the way with cranberry juice.
2: Fill to the top with ice.
3: Slowly pour the remaining drinks directly on top of the ice and serve.
Alcohol-Free Sangria Recipe
In a large pitcher, combine Simply Lemonade with mango juice, cranberry juice, fresh lime juice, pineapple chunks, fresh peaches sliced and skinned, and fresh sliced strawberries. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Before serving, mix in lemon lime soda. Enjoy!
Independence Day Red, White & Blue Jell-O Cups
1 berry blue 3 oz. Gelatin
1 cherry 3 oz. Gelatin
1 envelope Unflavored Gelatin
1⅓ cups boiling Water
1 cup Milk
¼ cup Sugar
Maraschino cherries, drained
1. If you can find plastic shot glasses, they will work best, but any clear glass will do.
2. Place blue gelatin in a bowl and add ⅔ cup boiling water.
3. Stir well until dissolved and allow to cool.
4. Fill each cup ⅓ full of blue and place in refrigerator.
5. Add ⅓ cup of milk to another bowl and sprinkle unflavored gelatin over top.
6. Heat remaining ⅔ cup of milk to a boil.
7. Remove from heat and stir in sugar to dissolve.
8. Add heated milk to gelatin/milk mixture. Stir until blended.
9. Allow to cool.
10. Gently fill all cups the next ⅓ of the way with white mixture and return to refrigerator.
11. Place red gelatin in a bowl and add ⅔ cup boiling water.
12. Stir well until dissolved and allow to cool.
13. Place a cherry on top of each glass and add about ¼” of red gelatin to each.
14. Place in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
15. Pull from refrigerator and try to adjust to get stems to point upward.
16. Fill each cup the rest of the way with red, place in refrigerator for a couple of hours and serve.
Last but not least, here’s the classic Shirley Temple recipe served in a rocks glass.
Classic Shirley Temple
1: ¼ oz. grenadine
2: ginger ale
3: 1 maraschino cherry and a lemon wedge
Please have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July. I hope these cocktails and recipes work out for you.
Come see me at Nino’s.
- 1Wine Pairing With Your Favorite Takeout
- 2Halloween Cocktails
- 3Fall Liquor and Wine Beverages
- 4Wine Cellar
- 5Fall Ciders
- 2Value Wines: Rutherford Ranch Reserve
- 3What Wines Are Good To Cook With?
- 4Great Wines: Joel Gott
- 5Value Wines: Cabernet, Riesling, Pinot Grigio