"I am sharing experiences and knowledge of wine, beer, and spirits"
Summertime Is Margarita Time
It’s hot out, and when it’s hot, we drink margaritas. And there are so many different variations on the margarita these days. From crazy flavors like Strawberry Siracha to the Beer-A-Rita, margaritas are always in style. The latest craze, though, is sparkling. Both Skinnygirl and Sauza have them out right now, selling for $9.99, and they are delicious! Over the next month, we will feature Sauza Sparkling Margarita demos at our Troy and Clinton Township locations. My favorite is the Sauza Classic Lime since it is not only less sweet but also crisp and light.
Here are my favorite sparkling margarita recipes:
- 1 oz. Sauza Blanco Tequila
- ½ oz. Lime juice
- ½ oz. Triple sec
- 3 Medium-to-large strawberries
- 2 oz. JP Chenet Rosé Sparkling Wine
- Sugar for rim
In a shaker, add lime, triple sec, tequila and 2 strawberries that have been hulled and chopped. Muddle the strawberries, add ice and shake to combine. Strain into a sugar-rimmed margarita glass and add sparkling rosé. Stir once and add final strawberry as garnish.
Mexican Bellini (Margarita)
Call it a Bellini or a margarita; I just call it delicious! Perfect for a brunch, this cocktail is at its best when the peaches are ripe and fragrant.
- 1 oz. Milagro Reposado Tequila
- ½ oz. Citron Orange Liqueur
- ½ oz. Fresh lime juice
- Puree of 1 large peach (may be substituted with 1 oz. Looza Peach Juice)
- 2 oz. Just Peachy Sparkling Wine
- 2 TBSP Cayenne pepper
- 2 TBSP Brown sugar
- Zest of half a lime
Puree the peach and strain out pulp. Grind brown sugar and cayenne pepper together in a coffee grinder. Pour sugar and pepper powder onto a plate, and add finely chopped lime zest. Dip the rim of a champagne flute into water and then into powder on the plate. Combine first 4 ingredients into shaker full of ice and shake until ice cold. Pour into rimmed champagne flute and add sparkling wine.
My mom’s name is Margie, and she’s not one for fru-fru anything. Straightforward and refreshing, just like her, this margarita is as bubbly as my mom’s personality!
- 2 oz. Hornitos Lime Shot
- 2 oz. Key lime juice
- 1 oz. Cointreau Orange Liqueur
- 2 oz. Faygo Sparkling Lemon Lime Soda Water
- Lime wheel
What’s your favorite flavor of margarita? Tweet me @Ninoswineexpert, and let me know! Enjoy
- 1Nino’s International Taste Fest 2018
- 2Valentine’s Day Drinks
- 3Mardi Gras Cocktails
- 4Game Day Drinks That Can’t Lose
- 5Hot, Hot Drinks for Cold, Cold Nights!
- 2Value Wines: Rutherford Ranch Reserve
- 3What Wines Are Good To Cook With?
- 4Great Wines: Joel Gott
- 5Value Wines: Cabernet, Riesling, Pinot Grigio